Easy Cheesy Mexican Bake
All the deliciousness of a classic lasagne but with some Mexican flare. Using a traditional
mince-based sauce, adding chilli beans and spice for that much-loved mexican flavour, and
tortillas instead of pasta. Our 100% Natural Tasty cheese slices are layered between
the mince and tortillas, and melted on top, to make this dish super tasty! Easy and delicious,
this is sure to be a meal the whole family will love.
18 Dairyworks Tasty Cheese Slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely diced
500g prime beef mince
35g sachet mexican taco seasoning
1 red capsicum, diced
50g tomato paste
400g tin diced tomatoes
420g tin of Chilli beans
6 small flour tortillas or corn tortillas
METHOD 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-baked).
Lightly grease a large 30cm baking dish and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and stir until the onion is soft.
3. Turn heat to medium-high. Add the beef mince and taco seasoning. Break the mince up with a wooden spoon and cook until browned.
4. Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chili beans and chopped capsicum to the mince and cook until heated through.
5. Take the greased baking dish and begin the layering process by placing a thin layer of the mince mixture on the base. Place 6 Dairyworks Natural Cheese slices on top and follow with 3 tortillas. Repeat until you’ve used up all the beef mince.
6. Finish the top with a layer of Dairyworks cheese slices which will melt nicely into the sauce. NB: leave out the tortillas on the last layer so the beef mince and cheese combine.
7. Bake in the oven for 30-35 mins or until golden and cooked through.
8. Optional: Serve with fresh coriander, tomato salsa, pickled pink onions, sour cream, fresh chilli and avocado.